Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cibique

Saturday I went on the best hike ive ever been on! We went to Cibique (past Globe) and spent all day hiking from 7:30-6:30! it was awesome!! Theres so much to say about it so ill just let the pictures do the talking...
Poor Sean! We had been hiking for about 3 minutes when he ran into a branch & cut his eye! Luckily Mitch had a small first Aid kit & no one fainted from the sight of gushing blood!

Waterfall #1 it was pretty! the water was cold but we were hot from hiking anyways!
There was a small ledge so we crawled to the end of it!
We were all getting ready to jump off! i thought "hey instead of jumping off into the freezing water ill just climb down the rocks!" bad idea! i couldnt go back the way i came so it was either jump or be left! So i started climbing down and lo & behold i slipped! next thing i knew i opened my eyes and saw dirty water over my head! my first thought..."oh crap!" Jarod, Mitch (the upside down one) and Sean!After we scaled a giant rock wall with a rope latter and hiked another 2 miles we made it to Waterfall #2! it was more like 3 waterfalls put together! it was awesome! the water was so strong it kept pushing me down! Brandon & IOn the way to the 2nd waterfall you have to spider climb up the walls & through the raging waterfall! It was fun & made me feel very athletic! Luckily I had 4 guys to help me cause i wouldnt have made it up that waterfall by myself! Going down it, however, is another story! The water was pushing me so hard i had to have one guy on top holding my hand and one guy helping me down! They were probably thinking "who brought a GIRL!"Yes, i did eventually make it over the waterfall & spider climbed down the walls & back into the neck high water for out long swim/hike out of there!We "hung around" for a while to take pictures (noticed Mitch's foot on Jared's head!). I, however, was distracted and disgusted by the frogs on the wall! i despise frogs! everytime i went to place my foot or grab a rock i noticed a frog clinging to the wall! i had to take a deep breath & try my best to ignore them! it didnt help that Jarod caught one & chased me around with it! gross!After a long day of hiking you cant leave waterfall #1 without cliff jumping! We had to talk Mitch out of backflipping but his jump still looked cool anyways! Everyone fell asleep during the ride home (some with their eyes open....Jarod!! creepy) Then we stopped for Taco Bell and went home & showered!...At least i hope everyone showered!!